Several weeks back, Adam Monago, Mingle's product manager was visiting our office in Chapel Hill. One of the topics that came up was Git integration with Mingle. Alas, it sounded like it was a ways out. But he explained that the SCM integration was pluggable and that we could write the code and drop it in place, echoing things I'd heard from other ThoughtWorkers.
A couple of days later, Don and I were curious as to just what it'd take to implement the integration. Reverse engineering the interface we had to implement from the Subversion and Perforce plug-ins was anything but fun, but before the day was over, we had rudimentary integration working: we could see commit messages and the list of files modified per check-in. Since then, Don implemented the rest of it including Mingle-based source code browsing.
We've been using the mingle_git plugin for a little while with no problems. For performance reasons, we're not using the source code browsing from inside Mingle. Instead, we use GitHub's source browsing: see the README for instructions on wiring things that way too.
Installation is documented in the README. We've only used this on Mac OS, FreeBSD and Linux. Windows users, you may have luck by using msysgit.
Caveat emptor: if you browse around the code, you'll quickly conclude that it is a spike: we started with the subversion plugin and evolved it to this. Since the SCM integration API is not documented, we can't even be positive that we implemented it correctly (though the evidence suggests that we have). Also note that Mingle makes the assumption that check-in numbers are sequential, and that's an assumption that is not Git-friendly and it shows in the code.
Enjoy, but keep in mind that this is unsupported, use-at-your-own-risk software. For me, that's better than no Git integration. ;)
Note: Mingle's APIs changed from 2.0 to 2.1 and we haven't had a chance to update this plugin yet. If you installed this plugin, and are ready to upgrade to 2.1, you'll want to remove the plugin and then execute this SQL on your Mingle database:
delete from plugin_schema_info where plugin_name = 'mingle_git';